2010s: Still more to come
Still more to come
- "Love and Theft" album #2 in Newsweek's Top 10 albums of the decade
- Columbia releases "The Original Mono Recordings", a box set of Dylan's first 8 LPs, reproduced from their first generation monaural mixes.
- Bob Dylan celebrates his 70th birthday on May 24th.
- President Barack Obama presented Bob Dylan with the highest civilian honor of the United States, the "Presidential Medal of Freedom", as one of the "most influential American musicians of the 20th century". "There's not a bigger giant in the history of American music", the president said. Once more, respect and congrats, Bob!
- Bob Dylan is honored as the 2015 MusiCares Person of the Year on Friday, Feb. 6. The MusiCares Person of the Year tribute ceremony is one of the most prestigious events held during GRAMMY Week.
- Bob Dylan opens the Desert Trip Festival in Indio/CA. The first of two weekends featured some of the biggest names in classic Rock that still perform today: The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Neil Young and The Who.
- Bob Dylan wins the Nobel Prize in Literature "for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition".
« 2000s: The new millennium | 1940s-50s: The early years »